Who we seek:
We seek a skilled designer who is passionate about innovation in wood architecture. With experience in the fields of architecture, engineering, making or construction. Knowledge of contemporary digital design techniques, CADCAM workflows and the ability to produce fabrication drawings, is important. Cadwork (timber 3d design software) experience preferred.
The Design Technician will:
- Develop timber structural and connection details, in liaison with Project Managers and Design Director, for our projects during design development.
- Produce 3d models of timber structures, connections and interface details
- Produce 2d drawings for each project stage, including: arrangement drawings, detail drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Produce fabrication information include files for CADCAM and in coordination with the workshop management
- Prepare schedules, drawing lists, drawing issue sets and specification documents
- Check and quality control of internal and third-party design and fabrication information
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Xylotek’s design standards, templates and guides.
Full details in pdf here.