Xylotek Ltd seeks a Workshop manager to join our team to set up and manage our new workshop in central Bristol.
Who we seek:
We seek a skilled self-motivated workshop manager. Passionate about innovation in wood construction with experience in the fields of production, fabrication or site construction management. Knowledge of workshop tooling, production processes, Health and Safety practices and contemporary digital design techniques, is essential.
The Workshop Manager will ensure the workshop is fit for the safe and efficient delivery of projects built to a very high standard.
The role will entail:
- Overseeing development of workshop and facilities tooling, processes and facilities.
- Program and organise workshop logistics, job resourcing and project flow
- Liaise with Fabrication Designer and Operations team to plan resource management.
- Manage and Maintain machinery and all physical infrastructure
- Maintain workshop inventory and consumables to budget.
- Manage and Ensure fabrication teams understand health and safety requirements.
- Hands-on involvement in project fabrication; leading teams where appropriate.
- Using 3D models, fabrication drawings and CADCAM workflows to access fabrication information.
Salary negotiable. The Workshop Manager will be based in our central Bristol workshop.
Summary of role requirements:
- A passion for high-quality design and construction.
- A thorough understanding of timber and its possibilities.
- Thorough and varied construction (preferably timber) experience.
- Knowledge of fixed workshop machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Knowledge or experience of CNC machinery and CADCAM workflows
- Experience of fabrication with other materials, inc. Welding TiG, MiG and Arc
- Rhino and CAD Work
- Fluent English written and spoken
- desirable – 2D and 3D CAD and BIM
- Excel, spreadsheets, programmes/Gantt charts
Please send us your CV and portfolio or examples of your work to email@example.com, marked for Workshop Manager position.
Xylotek is an equal opportunities employer